Hand Me Downs / If the Shoe Fits

Comment on the stories published through Sick puppy Press
joe
Site Admin

Hand Me Downs / If the Shoe Fits

Post by joe »

Here's the spot for feedback on the Sick Puppy Press book "Hand Me Downs." Please, no spoilers!
Paul A. Fichera

Re: Hand Me Downs / If the Shoe Fits

Post by Paul A. Fichera »

I believe the ending is a little hopeful. The solution to his "problem" needs to be performed not locally. Maybe, join his sister in Paris and have the "work" quietly performed there. Too close to home, too risky. People find out the truth (potential boyfriends for instance). They can't always accept the truth. He needs to get ahead of it and head off the controversy. A public disclosure maybe and a future global celebrity career like that androgynous fashion model kid from Australia. And Daniela should come clean about her scheme. She's footing the bill after all. I pretty much suspected who else was behind it all.
NichoNotloggedin

Post by NichoNotloggedin »

I really liked it. Very similar to Blondie-series. Some would call the frequent use of passages from Blondie-series lazy writing though.

But yeah it was good, wonder if it's going to bed tied into Blondie-series somehow?

Hope we will see more of Carls adventures soon!
NichoNotLoggedIn

Post by NichoNotLoggedIn »

jsmith77 wrote:
> NichoNotloggedin wrote:
> > I really liked it. Very similar to Blondie-series. Some would call the
> > frequent use of passages from Blondie-series lazy writing though.
> >
> > But yeah it was good, wonder if it's going to bed tied into Blondie-series
> > somehow?
> >
> > Hope we will see more of Carls adventures soon!
>
> There is actually an allusion to the blondie series on page 45 when Sidney is in the
> salon

Yes I know, what I was talking about was the copying of large swathes of text from the previous Blondie-stories, and adding them in this one.

Post by Guest »

Set in the Blondie “universe”?
There’s mention of a video of a beuaty padgent in Florida, with a blonde girl in a silver bikini... was that Candi/Carl?