News on the Nines

Comments on Joe's stories posted on this site.
nikkiparksy

Post by nikkiparksy »

Another excellant chapter in this great story.Looking forward too more change's and what this Ginger woman is going too bring .Love too read more Thank you.
Magical Trevor

Nine!

Post by Magical Trevor »

TL;DR.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Why don't you use actual words Magical Trevor? what are you trying to say?
nikkiparksy

On the nine

Post by nikkiparksy »

I have too ask when is the next great installment due out please as this is a fascinating story .TY Nikkiparksy.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

I second that - it has ben ages since the last update - is anything wrong or are you working in a Mall at christmas time again? :D
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Nothing's wrong. Yes. I still work in the mall. So I'm just getting my wits about me again. The next installment of "nines" will have to wait a while, as I have 2-3 projects for this site ahead of it right now. I will just have to ask your patience.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

you have it J6P :D .
I look forward to more from you soon.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

See, this is the kind of nonsense that we get when the site goes asleep for so long - no one except flipping spammers bothers to use the forum - can someone please confirm Joe's status and when we can expect a return to normal service - I think 8 months is long enough for us to begin to consider holding last rites for this site, unless the Great and Powerful J6P is in some sort of seriously messed up private life trauma of course - in which case sorry for being a prat :oops: :lol: :D
Great Sage

More News is Good News

Post by Great Sage »

So now we have part 10 - a fairly standard shopping trip, and some foreshadowing of Lucas's old life disintegrating - but this one lacked bite, previously we were witnessing the continuing transformation and although there was a little of that, it was much more like Joe being random and silly for no good reason - frankly I think this needs to tighten up, get on with the story and stop wasting time. I feel the narrative core, the calm centre around which all the craziness revolves is losing coherence and this is heading for a crash into the heart of the Sun. This episode is welcome only in the sense of it being a new episode after an excessively long wait, but is was short and rather thin gruel for such a long wait. I have come to expect better quality from J6P and this was definitely the weakest episode so far.

This is what you get fro keeping us waiting too long - we expect too much and don't get it.

I did like the portrayal of the airheads and the awkwardness was amusing, there was also some humour but the story was not advanced one inch and no further signs of the transformation lead me to feel cheated.
nikki

news on the nines

Post by nikki »

As my near neighbour above said it did lack the usual way the story had been heading but i welcomed a new chapter:)TY
DC

Thanks but more please

Post by DC »

Another good chapter - one bad thing is it reminds me how much I like the story and how much more I want.

Thanks.
DC

Re: News on the Nines

Post by DC »

Has the site died like so many of the other sites, or are you just working on other projects?

With so many sites down, was wishing that something new might show up.
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Yeah, with the major sites dormant, I wish I had something to put up here. But unfortunately, I don't. I'm always working on new stuff, but right now my holiday schedule has taken all my time away from me.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Well I am sympathetic to your plight of course Joe, but I also know that given past habits we can now not expect any activity until perhaps early Spring, as you will (Credit Crunch willing) be rushed off your feet at the mall and recovering afterwards.
Does this sound like a reasonable ETU (Estimated time of Update)?
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Part Eleven is a return to form - very funny and the supporting cast are just great - I don't know when the next chapter is due but hopefully it won't be even close to as long - I hope!
nikkiparksy

Post by nikkiparksy »

This is a good chapter with a great ending really looking forward too how thing,s progress from here :) nikki.
DC

Post by DC »

Any plans to continue the story?
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Oh, yeah. It will get continued, but it's just not something I can promise will be done soon.
DC

Post by DC »

Any chance you will do more on this or is it official finished?
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

It's definitely at a break point, but I'm still churning out words for it. Very slowly. One at a time. Just like they did in the old country.

I'll have an update at some point, but I have to finish other rent-paying activities first.