Story Suggestion Thread

General talk & random stuff.
as64

Story Suggestion Thread

Post by as64 »

Seeing how this board is rippling with activity I hope no one minds if I start a thread for people to request/suggest stories that people might like. Not necessarily just from this site but from any of the big hitters. I'll start.

Does anyone know of any good hypnosis/mind altering stories? They are usually grouped with mind control stories on other sites but mind control ends up including stories where the person not in control of their bodies and is either unconscious (and brought out of the trance some point later) or conscious the whole time but helpless which I'm not as fond of (and there seems to be a lot of these types especially in the science/magic categories).

Preferably the story uses a standard induction or some sort of subliminal message (for the mind alteration part) rather than magic/drug/scifi (which I sorta view as a a cheap short cut) or abuse til their mind breaks (which also gets grouped in the hypnosis/mind control/mind alteration sections annoyingly) although I don't mind Magic when it's used to change not only the person but his/her surroundings so no one realizes the change is occurring (See Joe's Golden Palace). I don't really like reading about people suffering or being publicly humiliated.

Finally it's not super important but I prefer the story to not be first person or have many long time skips. First person stories when the person is under some sort of hypnosis usually just implies or strongly hints at what is actually happening and leaves a lot of stuff unsaid/ambiguous (although seeing their mind change can be cool). Similarly (long) time skips feel like large portions of the story are being left out. However I don't feel as strongly about this as I do about "no people suffering" or "no public humiliation" so if you know of a great story that is first person/has time skips feel free to post it.
as64

Re: Story Suggestion Thread

Post by as64 »

and If I had been smart than I would have registered and logged in before posting the above so I could edit it. I forgot to say that if anyone else wants help finding a story you can post a request. I personally would only be able to help with hypnosis/mind altering/mind control ones but maybe someone else out there can help you.