For A Girl (Archives) - Broken Link?

General talk & random stuff.
Great Sage

For A Girl (Archives) - Broken Link?

Post by Great Sage »

Hi there - is anyone else finding they don't get the story when clicking on any of the link icons fro this story? I use Mozilla Firefox.
Perhaps Joe could look into this and fix it as it is one of the best stories I ever read and it is frustrating not being able to read it again - of course this will all become irrelevant once FM is back but still....
joe
Site Admin

Re: For A Girl (Archives) - Broken Link?

Post by joe »

Seems to work fine. Just be patient for it to load.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

How patient is patient Joe?, I click on the link, a page loads containing the red background, the ring pull icon, title, date and synopsis , everything is there except for the actual text of the story - this takes a few seconds and at the bottom in the status bar I am informed that it is done loading, I wait for about half a minute - the cursor is an arrow not an hourglass and the status bar says done there is no sign that anything else is loading and after waiting several seconds for something else to appear I am left with essentially a page without story text - what is going on here? I can load everything else fine - so it isn't because of my browser, there is something wrong here Joe and I haven't the first idea what it could be. If you say it is fine on your end it must be something wrong here I suppose....blast it! :)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

well, it'd definitely not behaving normally.It loads after a long wait. I'll see what I can do, but it's going to take a few days until I can pop the hood and check the plugs.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it :)
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Thanks for fixing the problem - even the Forum loads quicker now.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Well, that's frustrating - it seems only part of the story loads up - less that 1/10th of the way down the page just after they break for lunch at Girl School the page runs out of text - obviously the problem is that this is a much longer story than your text box can cope with - might need to look into that or there might be some other problem, it's just so damned frustrating as I know from reading it elsewhere that it is an amazing story, fortunately FM is due back any day now so I might just look for it there once it returns.
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

I'm trying something new to get it working, so if there's a problem with that page, I'm not surprised. I'll keep messing with it until I can get it to work. That may take a while, though.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Thanks Joe, sorry for being a pain about this.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Well it all appears to be there now - thanks for fixing it Joe.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Joe, do you think it would ever be possible to collaborate with O2bxx and produce an illustrated version of For A Girl for Sick Puppy Press? It is such a fabulous story, and its themes, including gradual/process transformation lends itself very well to the style and character of SPP books. I would happily pay for an illustrated version of this story, the fact that I've already read the story is not an issue. I'm sure that many other people would feel the same way.
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

hugo wrote:
> Joe, do you think it would ever be possible to collaborate with O2bxx and
> produce an illustrated version of For A Girl for Sick Puppy Press? It is
> such a fabulous story, and its themes, including gradual/process
> transformation lends itself very well to the style and character of SPP
> books. I would happily pay for an illustrated version of this story, the
> fact that I've already read the story is not an issue. I'm sure that many
> other people would feel the same way.

As far as I can say, O2bxx hasn't been active for a long, long while. I get a lot of suggestions to illustrate classic stories, but it's not legally possible to charge for it without the author's participation.