Good hypnosis/mind control stories?

General talk & random stuff.
apriladams

Good hypnosis/mind control stories?

Post by apriladams »

I bought and read Joe's Costume Drama, Boys Will Be Girls, Life as a Trophy Wife, Peace and Harmony and loved all of them! Hypnosis or any kind of mind alteration are my favorite means of transformation. Does anyone have any good recommendations for other stories like those or know if Joe has anymore coming out soon like that?
as64

Re: Good hypnosis/mind control stories?

Post by as64 »

You're going to have to be a little more specific. When it comes to Hypnosis/Mind Control/Mind Altering there are many different ways it can be handled and often I find simply grouping them all under 1 giant label to be rather unhelpful when trying to find out how exactly it fits into the story. I can give you a short overview on how it's handled in various stories on this site (and even off site) and my personal recommendations. I am the same as you are and pretty much only am interested in these types of stories as well and have spent a good deal of time looking for ones that detail it well doesn't use it a "cheap means" to get the main character to comply. Also while I've seen many mind control stories on sites specializing in them I'm guessing you are only interested in ones with TG themes.

Pay On Site:

Bride to Be: This story is mostly told from the view point of the friend of the character being TGed. Most of the heavily MC sections are closer to the end as both characters have their memories of each other changed although it is not really actively described how it's occurring though more "after the fact" said that it is occurring and seems to be standard hypnosis. Both characters are changed but only the friend's change is TG.

Boyz II Girls: Describes the making of a Girl Band with several of the future members having discussions with a psychologist. There are a few scenes where the Psychologist talks about how she does it. I have to confess that I've had difficulty getting into the story but the images in this one are one of the best on site.

Little Miss Popular: Awkwardly this is the only MC story on the site that isn't labeled as such (that I know of). In fact the way I learned about it was another user who disliked MC mentioning the he purchased it thinking it would be a non-MC book and was surprised. The MC is from a drug and details a school boys transformation int oa school girl.

A Curious Curse: Full comic story. The Type of MC here is TG/Age Regression via Magic. Specifically there is a subset of Mind Altering where not only is the character changing but the whole world goes thorough Mind Altering as well so no one really notices that any change is happening at all. Ie as the character grows younger everyone (even the character herself) just accepts that this is normal.

Pet Sitter: Full comic story. Character is pet sitting for a few days and inexplicably is changed. Unclear exactly what's causing it (magic?) but good art.

Making Friends: Full comic story and Probably the next one you should get. Details 3 boys who take part in a program and are changed in the process. Great detail on physical transformation and alright detail on mental. By the end they are all transformed and don't really remember their past lives.

How Not to be Sissy: Of all the non-comic stories on the site this one is my favorite. Details the story of a guy in hiding at his friends places and agreeing to undergo a transformation to hide even better. The friend has him listen to tapes and although specifically what the tapes are saying isn't really revealed every chapter/section of the story is named after the purpose of the tape being listened to which describes the current state of the transformation well. Through most of the story the friend retains his sense of self but the modifications caused by the tapes are made very apparent.

Big in Japan: Good art and it's pretty clear a mental transformation is occuring but the exact details aren't all there.

Free Joe:

Shisutaabooi: Great illustrations and a clear change. I have to confess that the story itself kinda rubs me wrong but the pictures and step by step change are top quality.

The Golden Palace: Similar to "A Curious Curse" above this is MC via Magic which changes the main character and at the same time mind alters the world to accept it. My Favorite free Joe story details a boy working at a new job with some mysterious magic causing him to change.

Free not Joe but still on Joes site (Click Vault -> Too Hot for Fictionmania)

Literally anything by Pink Bra: Many of Pink Bra's story are expertly illustrated and have transformations involving mind control that are very detailed.

Those are the stories on Joe's site that I know have mind control elements. There are others too but these are the ones I liked the most. There are a lot more off site which I like too but I can talk about them later.

BTW I've been holding off on His Life as a Trophy Wife cause I generally avoid stories with Image to Page ratio much worse than 1:3 (HLaaTW has a ratio of 1:13). Any details or comments on the type of mind altering and how it's handled in that one that you can give me so I can better decide if I would like it or not?
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Good write-up! Thanks!
as64

Post by as64 »

I couldn't help but notice that your newest story on this site (A Family Femmed) is labeled with both Mind Control and Identity Loss. Any chance I could get an overview (like the ones I did above) of how it fits into the story before I commit to buying it? Not asking for a spoiler, just an overview.

I'm sorry to say that the Step Mother setup isn't usually once that resonates well with me and I would appreciate knowing what type of Mind Control is (magic, drug, hypnosis, non-descript) and how it fits into the story (controlled, altered, memory manipulated, aware, unaware). A Mind Control label alone says very little and sometimes authors count things as being mind control which I would not. For example I've seen coercing a subject to dress and act a certain way be considered mind control just cause the subject is behaving differently.
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

You can get a really good idea about the flavor of mind control by reading the preview. Subliminal messages are the main device.
as64

Post by as64 »

Excellent. Subliminal messages are one of my favorite and one of the best (non-magical) means for mental alterations. I skimmed the preview but I wasn't getting hits with the usual buzz words I look for and I missed the picture with the music players.