The Boy's Guide to Girlhood

Comment on the stories published through Sick puppy Press
joe
Site Admin

The Boy's Guide to Girlhood

Post by joe »

This is the spot for feedback on KK's "The Boy's Guide to Girlhood." Please, no spoilers!
joe
Site Admin

Re: The Boy's Guide to Girlhood

Post by joe »

skellie10

Post by skellie10 »

Without going too hard into spoilers, I just have to say that I was not expecting the story to end on such a melancholy note. The ending is sad to the point of being haunting, and haunted is not exactly how I wanted to feel when I went into this piece. The story itself is really well-written, but it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Re-reading it in the light of the ending also makes a lot of details that seemed inconsequential or negligible at the time feel much harsher, knowing what they lead up to.
WitchySarcasm

Post by WitchySarcasm »

Geez this ended on a really depressing note. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny kills himself in the future what with how much of a plaything he becomes. I'm using he and him here because those are the correct pronouns for Kenny. He never learns anything about himself, and doesn't magically discover that he was Trans All Along. Kenny at the end of the story is a walking, talking, billboard advertisement for prescription drug abuse. There's nothing wrong with dark endings, but only for those that deserve them. And hopefully, maybe, a sequel is released that shows the entire epilogue to be a fantasy in Rex's head, where Kenny can break free from this torment and be himself, or herself. As long as it's away from Buckley and Rex.