Blondie's Lost Year

Comment on the stories published through Sick puppy Press
joe
Site Admin

Blondie's Lost Year

Post by joe »

Here's the spot for leaving feedback for "Blondie's Lost Year." Please, no spoilers!

Re: Blondie's Lost Year

Post by Guest »

Wow. I wish I was Carl!
juan

Post by juan »

Same good story as the Lost Summer.What about the revenge from Carl? Hope to see the next story soon, Will it be Blondie's lost life ?
Nicho

Post by Nicho »

Okay, have been planning to review this story for a while now, read it the day after it was out, so thought I would do so now.

I didn't expect anything when I logged on that day, so this story was a very positive surprise. And I must say it was a really good
overall. Joes site is probably the best one around right now when it comes to this sort of fiction, both in price and quality!

Anyhow, some feedback:

Positives:
*Great illustrations
*Great story
*Very long which is a bonus, for those of us who don't like a story ending right away
*Story keeps you interested in what happens next
*I am not sure if KK intends this, but it feels like the story almost challenge you a bit to figure out what's happening

Negatives:
*Took 11 months for the second part to come out
*Having to wait for the third part
*Disconnect between illustrations and story, sometimes the story says one thing and the image in the illustration is completely different, in such as clothing, especially after long explanations of what characters are wearing.
*Story inconsistencies, for example in Blondie's Lost Summer I think Carl makes it clear that he isn't a virgin, and in the second part he is suddenly a virgin again.
*Need of editing, for example, "Inga and Helga" becomes "Inga and Greta" in one part of the story, there are also a lot of other things that doesn't make sense, whole sentences sometimes. And yes Joe, I would still do this for free ;)
*Lack of clarity, sometimes it feels like I don't know what is going on, for example the whole Aunt Kat-mother in relation to Carl, sometimes it seems like his mother is very complicit in his situation, but then we have the first part
that makes it seems she is somehow influenced by Aunt Kat, and we still don't know much of Aunt Kats motivations.

I would like to point out that none of this detracts from the quality of the story though, which is probably the best quality around right now.

Theories:
After the second part I'm wondering if Carl is castrated, and the reader is not suppose to know it yet, seems to be things that suggest this and some evidence against.

What I would like to see in the future:
Carls dad gambling away the money Carl saved up to get back his masculine self,
could also be fun to have Carls dad walk in on him topless or something.

Get to know more of Aunt Kats motivation and maybe his mothers

Get to know more of Tiffanys motivation and what happened to Mark

I will also be interested to see interactions between Carl and his father, Carl and Brad/old friends
and maybe Carl and Jason, and future interactions with his mother and Aunt Kat ofc.

KKs writing seems to be predicting in itself, in the first part Carl swore to never kiss a boy again,
why I am suspecting Carl will def, become a stripper and give another blowjob in the third part >_>.

I would also like to see a full nude illustration of Carl in a non-sexual way, just to see how much he
changed, maybe at his dads he founds some old photos he sexted of himself or something.

And Carl must never have an erection again! =P

Anyhow, will be interesting to see what KK comes up with in the third part if there is any, will be interested in seeing!

Hope the wait won't be to long, this is definitely the best story around!
NichoAgain

Post by NichoAgain »

Oh and let's not forget Mirandas motivation >_>. Would be interesting to know how involved she actually was.
NichoAgain

Post by NichoAgain »

Oh, one more thing, I found it weird that early in the story Carl complained about his course work and then was told to see the guidance counselor which never happened. Sometimes storylines just seem to disappear.
NichoAgain

Post by NichoAgain »

Sorry for spamming this thread lol.

I was thinking about it and there is one more thing I would like to see =P.

I feel sorry for Aunt Kat that she doesn't have a daughter of her own, so maybe a son she gave up for adoption (because she wanted a daughter) 18 years ago contacts her,
and asks to visit her in Florida, and maybe his luggage is lost on the way, by that same airline that got a reputation for losing it a lot >_>.
NichoNotLoggedIn

Post by NichoNotLoggedIn »

NatiNat wrote:
> Any chance of getting / buying just the PDF version? Im not interested on
> the real book.
>
> Thanks.

There are no "real" books. It's all PDF.
SassySue

Post by SassySue »

SPOILER ALERT; THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

I agree with most of what Nicho said, except I wouldn't mind if Carl had an erection again. In fact at the end of the scene with Tracy on the flight to Maine he was able to feel blood returning to his (vienna sausage).

The drawings were excellent and the story was mostly entertaining, although repetitious at points.

The ending was somewhat of a surprise, especially since Candi seemed to enjoy the wet dream about the airline pilot and the anal sex with Tom on Prom night. In fact, I would have expected more scenes like that since Candi enjoyed it almost as much as Tom, although I was disappointed that it was not as erotic or passionate as I would have hoped.

Also, besides the family, 4 other people now know that Carl and Candi are the same and could blackmail her back into existence: Miranda; the PI; Amber; and Brad. The most interesting is Brad; maybe he will want to enjoy the same and more pleasures from Candi than his older brother Jason did.

I had a couple of nitpicks. First, it was supposed to be a lost "year", but was really only 10 months; although I guess we didn't need another series of summer at the beach scenes after the first book. In the same vein, earlier Carl was turning 18 at the end of the summer, now his birthday is at the beginning. Also, it was just too incredible/coincidental that the P.I. and Brad had the same duo tang folder. The story thread about his contract as Miss Radiance. After the photo shoot, we never hear of the photos appearing anywhere. Maybe in book 3, Candi has to make guest appearances as Miss Radiance, autograph the photos and crown the new contest winner.
NichoNotLoggedIn

Post by NichoNotLoggedIn »

SassySue wrote:
> SPOILER ALERT; THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS
>
> I agree with most of what Nicho said, except I wouldn't mind if Carl had an
> erection again. In fact at the end of the scene with Tracy on the flight to
> Maine he was able to feel blood returning to his (vienna sausage).
>
> The drawings were excellent and the story was mostly entertaining, although
> repetitious at points.
>
> The ending was somewhat of a surprise, especially since Candi seemed to
> enjoy the wet dream about the airline pilot and the anal sex with Tom on
> Prom night. In fact, I would have expected more scenes like that since
> Candi enjoyed it almost as much as Tom, although I was disappointed that it
> was not as erotic or passionate as I would have hoped.
>
> Also, besides the family, 4 other people now know that Carl and Candi are
> the same and could blackmail her back into existence: Miranda; the PI;
> Amber; and Brad. The most interesting is Brad; maybe he will want to enjoy
> the same and more pleasures from Candi than his older brother Jason did.
>
> I had a couple of nitpicks. First, it was supposed to be a lost
> "year", but was really only 10 months; although I guess we didn't
> need another series of summer at the beach scenes after the first book. In
> the same vein, earlier Carl was turning 18 at the end of the summer, now
> his birthday is at the beginning. Also, it was just too
> incredible/coincidental that the P.I. and Brad had the same duo tang
> folder. The story thread about his contract as Miss Radiance. After the
> photo shoot, we never hear of the photos appearing anywhere. Maybe in book
> 3, Candi has to make guest appearances as Miss Radiance, autograph the
> photos and crown the new contest winner.

1. I understood it as Carl found the sex to be psychologically disturbing but physically pleasing.

2. The year could simply be blondies lost summer + the time in the year book? Wouldn't that be a year?
Jenny44

Post by Jenny44 »

I have absolutely loved both installments of the "Blondie" series and would love to see Carl/Candy's adventures continue. The writing and illustrations are sublime but there are many unanswered plot threads and delicious possibilities.

If you like stories that have all the transformation aspects we need and love and then long for the internal psychological struggles that social and physical transformation entails, then this series is for you. While it does not have enough of the racy and physical sexual aspects as I would like, they are there and done tastefully. But I would still like more. Great series though and you will not be disappointed.
HansGruber

Post by HansGruber »

It's been over a year since this story has been posted... is there an ETA for the next Blondie book?
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

HansGruber wrote:
> It's been over a year since this story has been posted... is there an ETA for the next Blondie book?

It's not a dead project, just a very slow-moving one. No estimate to give you, though.
HansGruber

Post by HansGruber »

Ok, thank you for your quick reply, Joe. I can't wait for a new edition in the series.
angular

Post by angular »

I loved part 1 and 2 so much, and I just wanted to add my voice to those eagerly anticipating the third instalment :D
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

angular wrote:
> I loved part 1 and 2 so much, and I just wanted to add my voice to those
> eagerly anticipating the third instalment :D
All you and I can do is wait.
5-gait

Post by 5-gait »

Dosen't anybody else react to the misoegent attitude Carl has after he gets off the plane ?
5-gait

Post by 5-gait »

If I only could spell, maybe I'm a repressed blonde like Carl now is. Hurry up with the next book,
Mandygurl

Post by Mandygurl »

After only 48 pages, we all know that the boyfriend is going to be the barbershop clean up boy. I'm betting on French Maid outfits for Halloween.
Revan

Post by Revan »

Will we ever get a new book in this series? I absolutely love Blondie He's Not, I could do with (much) more in the series. Blondie's story isn't over yet, is it?