Comment on the stories published through Sick puppy Press
joe
Site Admin

Big in Japan / Gone Girly for Good

Post by joe »

Comment here for James J Craft's book "Big in Japan"
eddiegorey

Post by eddiegorey »

Loved the story. The whole transracial thing is not really my thing but I'd say its the best story ive read in a long time and one of the best image stories I've ever read.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

It seems to me that the author has taken elements of Joe's stories and incorporated them into his own - specifically Male to Pop Princess from Two Forms of ID and American boy to Japanese Girl from Shisutobooi.
The gradual physical and mental transformation is classic Six Pack . Having said that , I should also say I enjoyed the story - the sting in the tail was very cool.
Couple of points though.
Firstly the Kenny became lost in and embraced more quickly the keiko persona really quickly which led me to suspect that either he was in on the plan to teach Mike a lesson or else he was a closet transsexual with a Submissive fetish. Possibly his more naturally submissive personality lost the grip more completely a lot sooner than Mike's more dominant personality, either way it seemed weird and I would have liked a viewpoint shift between the two so that we could find out what was going on in Keiko's head.

Secondly - why did Miko treat Keiko like dirt? it seemed that by destroying all remnants of the Mike persona the friendship these two had was also lost - a shame, especially as they had reconnected after quarreling - are we expected to believe that Miko was treating Keiko in this way because she was now a servant and deserved to be treated thus or was there another reason? seemed a bit weird as well.

Anyway this was a pretty good story - I want to read it again so that is a good sign, but there were those little things which jarred . I loved the literary motif where the treatment Mike gave to that groupie was done to him when he was the girl - and it was this which destroyed the last shreds of the Mike persona - very cool.
James Craft

Post by James Craft »

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I'm glad that you both enjoyed the story and were honest and forthright in comments. It is appreciated.

James
nikkiparksy

Post by nikkiparksy »

Great story though i have too agree with the great sage .Also mention of tobacco smoke but no mention of why or what motivation or is there a second book in the offing telling the story from keiko's perception.
But loved it anyway it was great.
Della

Post by Della »

Really really enjoyed this novella for the first 3/4's of it. I thought the characterizations of the boys' changes were great, as were the images. I found the story lost steam once Miko was back in America and things were falling apart though, and the return to Japan, with the final surgeries and marriage, was much less hot. Nice that Keiko ended up a fetish maid though.

Post by Guest »

ive got every story so far...any news on a new one?
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

Joe has been very quiet for a while now - I hope he returns soon with more lovely stories and especially further instalments of his Cheerleader metamorphosis serial.
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Like most people, I'll be busy through the holidays. Until then, work continues for the next release.
Great Sage

Post by Great Sage »

That's perfectly understandable - Seasons Greetings everybody !! :)
hammy

Post by hammy »

any progress on a new story so far?
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Hang in there.